Re: [RC] Another question... - Laney Humphrey

There is no drug testing for riders! Better living through chemistry as I believe someone here on RC once said. Many of us carry anti-inflammatories with us during rides & dose regularly!
Laney

Jo Ann Knight wrote:

What are the rules regarding the use of asprin or some medication that can
be seen as pain medication, i.e. imitrex for migraines.

I never used pain pills except right out of surgery.  But asprin, yes I do
use asprin!

So my question is, while we don't approve of things like pain pills during a
ride, what about the person who gets migraines.  I do get migraines and if I
am around camp smoke the likelihood is high for a migraine.  I use imitrex
and it will stop an emergency room size migraine soon enough I can keep
going without stopping.  I am subject to ending up in emergency rooms, the
one I always go to has a huge file on me mostly betwen 1992 and my first use
of imitrex in 1997.

I have heard some riders say they took pain pills at times but don't know if
that meant during the event of after, I'd think it would be after.

For me it would have to be to prevent me from favoring a body part and
getting my wieght off.  But wouldn't do it at all in real competition.  If I
am going to point at the likes of Berry Bonds, Landis and so on, then how
can I turn around and use a pain pill and then claim I "made it!"