[RC] seeking childs western saddle - sherman

Sueded seats help the child to stay on too. We bought a 14”Big Horn cordura with sueded seat when our youngest was 6 yrs old. New price was $300, included girth & bridle too, and it fit all of our horses as well as our rotund POA. We had to shorten the stirrups all the way as well as turn them upside down for her toes to touch, but that’s all that was needed along with the suede seat. Probably would have made more sense to build up the stirrups, but we did what our neighbor/horse trainer showed us to do and it worked. Tara hardly ever slipped out of the saddle, until she was older & getting braver & trying new things with the POA.

Kathy

Hello out there,

  We have a 5 yr old grand daughter who recently fell off her horse (it = was an English saddle), so we are now hunting for a 12" western child,s = saddle (with a horn she can hang on to!)

  that will fit a quarter horse.

  Does anyone out there have one for sale?

  Thanks!

  Bob and Peggy Eaton

  Carmel Valley, CA