Re: [RC] seeking childs western saddle - MtnRondi

I guess I was the world's meanest Mom. My kids had to ride bareback on the ponies as I couldn't afford to buy a pony saddle that was not going to be used for that long.

When they started riding horses I made them use an English saddle. They were boys and of course they really thought it was much more macho to be in a western saddle. They complained about it but I told them they would be better riders. Eventually, they were good riders and then I let them use the western saddle. They didn't get too far down the street before returning home to take it off and put the english saddle on. They hated the western saddle and always rode in an English saddle for their NATRC and endurance rides.

Bonnie