Re: [RC] Ortho-flex saddle question - Jeannie Gillen

Got my OF Cutback Endurance saddle in 1994....when I tried using it on my short backed arab...he was uncomfortable....I sent it out and had 3 inches cut off because I heard that the newer ones were shorter...I think it was 25 " and is now 22"...fits my arab much better.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:16 AM
Subject: [RC] Ortho-flex saddle question

Hi, I am thinking of getting a older used OF saddle for my Arab gelding who has a pretty long back for an Arab. I have been having what I think is back problems with him, mainly in the loin area. I have called the OF manufacture in MO and talked with him about this saddle and he said I would most likely get loin rubbing and eventually pain using the system II panels on an Arab, even a long backed Arab. Surely there are people using these older saddles with the system II panels on Arab? Can anybody enlighten me?
Thanks,
Tammy

Do you Yahoo!?