ps I could imagine measuring horse shit in gallons per acre

From: "Karen E. Franklin" <FrankliK2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Many U.S. scientists tend to be "bilingual"  when it comes to the metric =
system.  Considering there aren't any scientific disciplines I can think =
of at the moment that don't have some sort of international community, =
we need to be.  As a geologist this certainly applies to me.  As far as =
meters go, you could consider geology "converted".  Because I don't see =
it as often, Kilograms is what messes me up, but distance measurements =
are no biggie.  My sister, a doctor, has no problem with Kilograms!  To =
apply this to endurance riding, my ideal endurance horse would be about =
14.3 hands tall, which is actually 1.4986 meters.  I am a mere 1.57m =
tall (after a good night's sleep!)  :))

Karen
Tulsa, OK