RE: [RC] Defining Endurance-An explanation that works for both sides - Steph Teeter

>>Other nations of course do not have this problem because ENDURANCE DID NOT EVOLVE FROM ONE DISTANCE TO SEVERAL DISTANCES  in most other countries.  I do bet that they have different levels to describe the distances within the sport such as beginner or novice. >>

Most other nations simply refer to the different distances as whatever distance they are, they don't have 'names' for them. e.g. 40km, 80km, 160km. (howevery they do sometimes have an 'introductory' or 'family'  ride of 10-15 km which is mostly kids with parents.) Also many nations have, or plan to have, step-up qualification requirements - you and/or horse must do x number of 40km rides before you and/or horse is qualified for 80km rides, x number of 80km rides to qualify for 160km rides.

Steph

(Kim - you're great!)