Re: [RC] Tevis Low Completion - JANUSTUDIO

In a message dated 8/8/2006 1:16:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ebeyslew@xxxxxxxxx writes:

What a bummer,  makes you wonder what that person was doing there with a horse that wouldn't step over a trickle.  The obstacles ahead would have seemed liked mountains!!  (couldn't resist the humor).  PP
sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've seen this happen with very experienced horses.  Mine included.  Trotting along at a good pace in an open field at the KY Horse Park ride. Very exciting to the horses because it is so open, read, 'snorting, blowing, bucking and really wanting to run'. Up comes a little narrow stream running across our path. Every horse (six or seven of us) threw on the brakes like we had just come upon the edge of the Grand Canyon. LOL, it was a funny sight!  Finally one jumped it (it could have easily been stepped over), so then all decided since the first one didn't fall into the canyon, then surely they too would survive the leap.

Hard to believe that the group would be held up that long though, without some gnashing of teeth...<g.

Janice, in sweltering, hot KY, who thoroughly enjoyed all the  photos, stories and anecdotes of the Tevis webcast.