RE: [RC] Where to list horse property. - Paul Sidio

Stacy,

I am a Realtor who sells rural property. We have had a decent response from Equestrianliving.com, and LandsofAmerica.com, Trail Rider magazine got some action as did Ranch Real Estate and also Horsemans News(California)
.
Try to imagine where your Buyer will come from. Is it likely the folks a mile down the road will be players?" Or will it have to be somebody from out of the area? That will help you choose where to make your marketing efforts.
It sounds as if you have a fairly high dollar property. If you are going to try and "save" paying a real estate  commission, then you need to set a budget for marketing the property. I would suggest at least 1% of the projected sales price, and 2% might not be too much. Put together a nice color brochure, and create a video tour of the place... Lots of photos!!!. 50 -100 pictures ...panoramas , show the roads, attach a map of the area..
Here is some more free information ... Take it from a professional who does over 100 transactions per year.   The  old saying about the three most important things in real estate are Location, Location and Location is dead wrong. The truth is that the most important three things in selling real estate is Price, Price and Price. Location can have an effect on price, but look at any place that was on the market for a long time, but finally sold. Did they move it and change the location??? Or did they lower the Price?  We may be entering a slow down period in real estate sales. If you price it too high, you may own it a long time. Don't get greedy.

Of course you could always list it with a professional real estate broker, or offer to pay brokers who bring you a Buyer a commision, but that's your decision.

Paul N. Sidio
Spokane MO