Re: [RC] [RC] 100s discussion//defining endurance-marathons - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Boy isn't it amazing how a subject can change and evolve thru RC.  But I would like to address this.

"Beverley H. Kane, MD" <sensei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not fond of the term LD, as I think "limited" is a pejorative label,
possibly deterring folks from doing anything so devalued, and thus avoiding
distance/endurance riding altogether.

1)  If people are turned off from the sport because they feel that they are being "devalued" just over the name of LD, then they most likely aren't going to make the cut anyway.  This is not a sport for whiners, whimps or sissy's....or people that are super sensitive about labels.

2)  There are still some of us old farts around that started the sport before there were such things as LD rides.  Back when they came along, they were called Novice Rides.  People didn't like that term either.  If someone wants to stay in a distance of less than 50 miles, then maybe they should consider a change over to CTR.   But if people are truly using these LD's to step on up in milage, then they shouldn't care about the name.