Re: [RC] [RC] 100s discussion//defining endurance-marathons - SturmRanch

Oh well, I'll wade in here.

Even though I have a quote on my refrigerator door  that says "You must do the thing you think you cannot do" along with the ride photos from five LD's, I may actually never ride any farther.

I broke my back two years ago.  I'm 64 years old.  My orthopedist says I have no business handling or riding horses.

Every time I go out and ride (and I train with a group that does ride "endurance")  I am grateful to be riding.  Every time I complete an LD, I am glad I rode.

Frankly, call it anything you like.  I ride because I love riding, and I intend to keep on riding until I can't ...well, I was going to write "lift my saddle up on a horse's back" ,  but I've been there already

Nancy Sturm