Re: [RC] Regional 100 mile incentive programs - KimFue

In a message dated 08/07/2006 6:38:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
You are exactly right. Many top riders use both CTR 3 day 100's to build
up to a 100 mile endurance ride. The FHA 100 was first run in 1947 -
many years before the first endurance ride.
  The line above that "riders use 3 day CTRs to BUILD UP to the 100 mile endurance ride" says it all.  This statement alone explains why one day 100 mile rides should not be grouped with 2 day 100s and 3 day CTRs when it comes to a "100 mile achievement award".   This may be my perspective as an endurance rider only, meaning I don't know if CTR riders feel that a 100 automatically means 3 day ride.  But I am pretty sure that when endurance riders talk about 100s they are usually referring to one day 100s.

Kim