Re: [RC] rudeness during awards - Kari Hanes

I just had this happen to me at a 4-H leaders meeting. The fair committee was going over rules and guidelines that had changed from last year. The culprits were sitting right behind me. I finally turned around and asked them politely - would you mind keeping it down, I don't want to miss something important my kids may need to know. I really could've melted with the glare I received but they did stop talking. The woman's been rude at a few other meetings as well and I just couldn't take it when there were important matters being announced. So fair should be interesting next week - I wonder if she'll hold a grudge...

Kari
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

Diane Trefethen wrote:

I've been at Awards where there was some talking but never to the degree you just experienced. I don't mind when people talk very quietly, UNDER the RM, so everyone can still hear but I agree it is rude to talk in such a way that those around cannot hear the presenter. I bet the first time that happened to me I would have been just irritated but now that you guys have written about the problem, I think I might have the courage to get up, go forward, politely request the mike and then tell everyone if you don't want to listen and don't know how to whisper quietly, then LEAVE so the rest of us can listen and applaud all the horse/rider teams that just worked so hard today. At least I sure HOPE I'd have the guts.