[RC] Genesee ride in PN - Judie Ricci

This was a great ride if you want a challenge!!   The management was superb, the trails were marked great. IT was horrible ride weather on Sat.   So humid that the ride was held up from a 5 am start to a 6 am start due to the steam/fog  visibility was non existant at the earlier time.
The riders started out at 6 am.   the first loop was 10 miles, it took a while for the riders to come in .  This is a hilly area,  lots of single track, some mud ,  a little of everything,   as the day progressed the riders and horses were heating up,  Ice was available to purchase,   we could not drive out on our own as we were hauled up one at a time on  Friday by Alex on his tractor to a slot to park.  They had a lot of rain and this way the pastures were not ruined .   We could not un hook to go out to buy anything.   Dinner was provided to all on Friday also . I heard that $600.00 was spent by management on ice!   for both days.    There was a 25 mile and a 50 both days.   Sunday was better weather and the loops were changed  for both LD and 50s.   The Vets were terrific,  and of course got every one taken care of .  Cia and Alex have a beautiful place , and the turn out was astronomi cal,  as Mary Coleman said "its like a family reunion" "everyone is here"!   From old timers to new Bs it was a big fun hot and sweaty ride.  It was definitly ENDURANCE!  It was not a Sunday picnic ride thats for sure.  Samantha did a wonderfull job and rode too!!  You go girl!! she was about at the end of her fun meter on Sunday  night,  but she hung in there.  This was truly a To Finish Is to Win ride.    I still think Darrel , you darling should have gotten First place on the 50.   What a ride.

Judie Ricci
EarthLink Revolves Around You.