Re: [RC] Weight - Joe Long

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:25:00 -0400, Truman Prevatt
<tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A couple of years ago I didn't get to ride a lot in the fall so I went
to a ride to just get around. It was a 25 mile loop with an out check.
The 50's did it twice. At the 25 mile check in camp I though that I may
have gone too fast for the old boys condition at the time and decided to
slow down. The conditions were also muddy. He seemed a little tired
although his CRI was 60/48 and all other parameters good which should
have registered. Being an old softy, I took the bit out and put a side
pull on. Well I was being sandbagged big time.

A mile out he saw a horse in front of him. He threw in a big buck and
took off. I'm not sure if he cared if I was with him or not. Here I have
a side pull. Oh well we make great time to the check passing a bunch of
horses - with the Jbird sticking out his tongue as we go by with his
brain dead rider having to apologize for not having any control with the
sidepull silly ;-) .

We fly through the check and leave. wWe come to this open field and he
spots a bunch of horses and wants to race. I have had it by then and we
do some circles. From that point on we walk. He was not happy - I was
cutting into his play time. If looks could kill I'd been dead right
then. We walked the last 6 or 7 miles in.

When I arrived I announced that "this horse is for sell." Three tiny
hinies showed interest - all saying it is a tiny hiny's dream to have a
horse that has long term conditioning by a HW. So me thinks they talk
out of both sides of their mouth - must be a defense mechanism coming
into play.

Oh, my, Truman, don't you realize you just offered an excellent
argument AGAINST weight divisions?  Wow.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx