Re: [RC] Fw: [RideManagers_of_AERC] Race of Champions? - Merryben

In a message dated 7/30/2006 8:31:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, jlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Wow -- when even the Directors of the AERC can't name our current
National Champions, that should tell us something.
Since I brought it up on more than one occasion and nothing was even discussed about it, it tells us that the board was intent on making the NC "the premier event" of AERC.  Those are their words, not mine....

Sometimes you just get tired of batting your head against a stone wall.

They still do the junior record keeping differently than the way they used to and won't fix it.  Before the computer the junior points were entered by hand and if the junior rode unsponsored they were simply entered in a different category.  They have consistently refused to recognize this and refused to make the simple modifications to keep the points tallied correctly.  Look on the archives and see if my motion is still there.  It was given to the board on two or three separate occasions and passed through all committees and was to be voted on in about 4 months.  NO ONE on the board asked a single question and when it came up for vote, they just voted no.  Never did figure out that one............................mb