Re: [RC] [RC] The Reality of Weight Divisions - Debbie Kirchner

On 7/30/06, Bruce Weary <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I can only speak
from first hand experience of nearly 8,000 miles on the trail, every
inch of it as a heavyweight. On over 20 different horses of many
different breeds. I have seen how my horses work and recover with my
weight, and then observed the same criteria  when one of my little
daughters rode the same horse the next day. Their recoveries and
breathing are different. My horses carry 10% or more weight than many
riders out there. That is significant. If someone really wants to prove
the theory that significant weight (I'm not talking about a few pounds
here, I mean 80-100 pounds)doesn't make a difference, all the didactic
debate in the world won't get us an answer.

Well DR Q, I agree with you completely, my hubby agree's too.. he said the other day, your horse could do great in Endurance, but not carring you, as I am a heavey weight person, I agree with him, he was not being mean, he was being honestl

not to loose this extra 80 lbs for my horses sake...

--
             Debbie in SE MN

Someday, I will soar with the Eagles....
Until then, I float on the back of a barefoot gaited Morgan..