Re: [RC] horse deaths 07/23/06 3day event at Rebecca Farm in Kalispell, MT - Julie Gelderman

One of the my clients was there that day.  Only one horse died and you're right it was on Stadium day.  Interesting to note that it wasn't on cross country day...therefore the jump was not a stationary object...and therefore, not as dangerous as some of the jumps.  My point is...despite our best efforts, @#$# happens.

Julie
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:53 PM
Subject: [RC] horse deaths 07/23/06 3day event at Rebecca Farm in Kalispell, MT

Since RC seems to be on the topic of horse deaths (BH100), I was recently
told that 3 horses died at the The Event at Rebecca Farm in Kalispell,
Montana. I was a Pony Club DC out there and know some of the people, but it
seems that details are quiet.  So I wondering if anyone here on RC knows
anything.   I am told that the heat was terrible, riders were suffering from
heat stroke, and all 3 horses died the third day during stadium jumping.  We
think endurance is dangerous? Eventing doesn't seem much better at "the
top".  Before passing judgment, I ask:

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING? I CAN'T FIND NEWS CLIPS OR ANYTHING.

This is the write up on Rebecca Farm :

"Rebecca Farm is a spectacular example of pure talent and connection between
horse and rider and has become a requisite destination for competitors who
wish to be noticed and considered for a place on the US Equestrian Team,
which will represent our country at the 2006 World Equestrian Games in
Germany and the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Rebecca Farm also has the honor of
being on the list of potential locations to host the World Cup Final for
2007 and 2008.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
®Thursday, July 20: Young Event Horse
®Friday, July 21: Dressage for all levels of competition. Cross-Country for
Novice and Training Levels
®Saturday, July 22: Cross-Country all day
®Sunday, July 23: Show Jumping in the state-of-the art arenas

®The Event is a World Cup Qualifier, a USEA Gold Cup Series Host, and a
National-Level Horse Trial for Advanced, Intermediate, Preliminary,
Training, and Novice Competitors.

The Event at Rebecca Farm is proud to have Captain Mark Phillips, a
world-class competitor and the US Equestrian Team coach, return as the
designer of Rebecca Farms' beautiful, technical, and expansive cross-country
course. Richard Jeffery will also be returning as the designer of the 2006
Show Jumping course for The Event. "