Re: [RC] Foamy Sweat - rdcarrie

A horse that has not been working/sweating regularly will accumulate a buildup of impurities in its sweat glands.  These contribute to the foaminess of the sweat.  As you continue working her, the sweat should become more clear.  Also, her sweat should become more watery in general as she sweats more and becomes more fit.

Dawn in East Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: fire_fly69@xxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 7:22 PM
Subject: [RC] Foamy Sweat

My mare has been on a 3 maybe 4 month sabbatical do to our relocation. I have just put her back to work in this hot and humid east coast weather and she has developed a foamy sweat every time we have gone out. Now she is a sweater normally, but never foamy like this. I am not talking about the foam between the legs or  the occasional foam on the face near the bridle; I am talking about her entire neck, chest and belly being drenched in white foamy sweat. Should I be concerned?  Is she not getting something that I should be giving her or is this due to her getting too much of something?  She has a salt block in the pasture that she chomps away at along with a mineral block but I haven't been feeding her any extra supplements since I just put her back to work. If anyone knows anything about this we would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you,
  Jules and Lady

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich: Well behaved women rarely make history. "You may forget but let me tell you this, someday, someone in some future time will think of us." - Sappho, circa 625 B.C.

Do you Yahoo!?