RE: [RC] Zebras - M Paul latiolais

One afternoon, when I had nothing else to do (rare in this day and age, I know) that silly film "Racing Stripes" was on, and I was curious as to how and whether they really did train a zebra. So I looked it up.

IN fact they trained and rode eight zebras.? There were a couple of problems that were noted.? First and foremost, zebras don't run in straight lines; They zig-zag.? You will notice if you are forced to watch this movie, that in the racing scenes the zebra is always boxed in.? Now I know why.

Also, they have smaller necks than a horse, which is apparently quite disconcerting to the rider.? It may have helped that the female lead, Hayden Panettiere, had no prior riding experience.

-Paul