[RC] Cramping/typing up question - sherman

Could selenium be an issue with your horse?  My gelding would sometimes get slightly crampy after rides, was initially thought to be lack of conditioning (I never thought so as we rode regularly 28-25 mile rides, in the hills) and finally when I insisted on testing for selenium, he was found to be pretty deficient (.092) for an endurance horse (should be somewhere between .20 -.25, right vets?), although it was within the “acceptable” range (.08 -.50) for a horse that didn’t work as hard.

Kathy

Lee wrote:

Buddy was very uncomfortable and not moving for about 1-2 hours but he was

eating and drinking, urinated clear two times, plenty of volume.  He began to

move stiffly after about 3-4 hours and contnued to improve.   By the end of the

day he was moving more freely - but I think still somewhat stiffly.    The

next day he was back to normal.