Re: [RC] HOT shoes. - Sisu West Ranch

"...concussion, partly to prevent slipping...."

When I was riding traffic for a road wagon train, I had my horse shod with urethane shoes.  There were some problems with the shoes at that time, but it was just like you had sneakers on the horse.  The right amount of traction to lope, trot and roll back on pavement safely.  The finest borium also worked, but no shock absorbsion, and sometimes to much traction.

Ed

PS.  I have not used plastic shoes for since 1987, so I have no knowlege about how those available now work.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640