Re: [RC] [CTR] The Wonders of going Non-Barefoot - Linda Nichols

Title: Re: [CTR]  The Wonders of going Non-Barefoot
I completely agree with Bruce. There for a little bit, with the current discussion on barefoot, I was going to try it. But everything Bruce says is completely true. We have so many rocks here, big ones and little ones and I have never had to worry about going fast over the rocks. I don’t have to worry about my horse breaking his hoof. I’ve seen people try to go barefoot and I tell you, I’m not impressed. I hate the EasyBoot routine. Ride with one ear on the hoof sounds and keep looking down to make sure they are still there. I’ve seen people pulled because the boot rubbed a hole in the horse’s hoof. I’ve seen horses who are miserable on gravel roads after a trail ride. I have a good farrier who knows how to shoe correctly. I don’t need to go barefoot. I like being carefree about my horse’s hooves. Amen, Bruce.

Linda
R1

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"

-- Unknown