Re: [RC] [CTR] The Wonders of going Non-Barefoot - Chris Paus

Yeah, and many people forget that even DJB will put "gasp" steel shoes on her horses for big important rides!

this shoe/barefoot thing is getting to be like discussing politics or religion!

chris

Linda Nichols <aidenn1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I completely agree with Bruce. There for a little bit, with the current
discussion on barefoot, I was going to try it. But everything Bruce says is
completely true. We have so many rocks here, big ones and little ones and I
have never had to worry about going fast over the rocks. I don¹t have to
worry about my horse breaking his hoof. I¹ve seen people try to go barefoot
and I tell you, I¹m not impressed. I hate the EasyBoot routine. Ride with
one ear on the hoof sounds and keep looking down to make sure they are still
there. I¹ve seen people pulled because the boot rubbed a hole in the horse¹s
hoof. I¹ve seen horses who are miserable on gravel roads after a trail ride.
I have a good farrier who knows how to shoe correctly. I don¹t need to go
barefoot. I like being carefree about my horse¹s hooves. Amen, Bruce.

Linda
R1

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,

-- Unknown

Yahoo! Groups Links