[RC] Truman, BH, colics - rides2far

Okay... am I the only one on Ridecamp who feels Truman has stepped
completely outside the bounds of common decency?

No. You're not alone.

Has it occurred to anyone that we have *jobs* where we earn our *keep*
and sometimes we get hurt on the job because it involves MOVEMENT on our
part, but it beats starving.  Horses also have jobs. The ones that do
well have "nicer homes (trailers, barns, etc) better care (the best
farriers, vet care, etc)  Heaven forbid that someone decides that any
risk is unacceptable and I should be wrapped in bubble wrap to lengthen
my "so called life".

I have a T-shirt that a friend bought for me that says, "I have no
intention of tip-toing through life only to arrive safely at death".  I
kinda hate to wear it. Seems like it's sort of asking for something to
happen so the emergency people can get a good laugh, but I do BELIEVE it.

WOULD EVERYBODY QUIT TRYING TO LIVE FOREVER AND LIVE A LITTLE????  I am
considered plenty safety conscious. I do all I can to cut my risk but
then I *go on and do the deed*. Am I risking my horse to enter a 100? I
suppose...some...but I'm also *risking* making him one fit, gorgeous,
animal that's full of life because he's at the top of his form, and may
end up looking younger than his age far into his 20's. Compare him to the
horse down the road that's fat, getting eaten up with flies and his feet
are splitting up into the quick. That's a slow death. *IF*, God forbid, I
or my horse ever dies in the line of duty I can honestly say "Don't weep
for me...at least we LIVED!"

More power to you folks with the beautiful jumpers. I admire the time &
energy you put into excellent equitation, training, and a beutiful
finished athlete. My sympathy to the family of the person killed in the
tragic ACCIDENT. I tried to think if I've ever lost a family member like
that. The only one I know of was my grandmother's 2 year old brother who
broke his neck when he fell of the porch while eating cornbread. I
suppose his mom deserved that for giving him that cornbread...or maybe
his dad deserved it for being so selfish as to want a porch.

Angie