Re: [RC] Big Horn - Jessica Spoone-Raines

I appreciate the offer but I am comfortable at night on my horse. He has excellent trail sense and that compensates for my lack of night vision. I was simply pointing that not all people have that. Practice will not increase a persons bad night vision nor will it increase their horses trail sense. Some have both already but are still uneasy on a strange trail at night, I personally can't blame them or see that as a "bad" thing. A well marked trail is just that, if its being ridden at night it needs to be marked to be seen at night, if its ridden during the day, same thing.
Jess Spoone-Raines
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Big Horn

No offense Jess, I believe that if someone intends to ride  100 or some other night ride, they should practice at home first. That way they can learn to trust their horses' ability to go in the dark on familiar trails (not just roads). Training & conditioning to ride at night is just like anything else---do your homework. If a rider is not comfortable with it, don't go to a night ride until you are. It's that simple. If you would like to start practicing, I'll gladly ride with you. I live in Ada, so not too far.

Marirose & Mules: Nellie, Noodle & Monty in MI