[RC] The horse death at Big Horn - Suvut

"Regarding the horse fatalities. I was only aware of one, that was the 50
miler horse that died from a twisted gut. Tragic, but not necessarily due to
poor vetting or over-riding. The other fatality I hadn't heard of."
Of course I wasn't there so my input doesn't mean much, BUT --- a twisted gut that resulted from a horse simply rolling (as was previously stated on RideCamp) is ONE thing --- however, if the horse was rolling because of colic --  well that's ANOTHER thing entirely and most probably IS a result of poor vetting or over-riding or at LEAST a direct result of having been entered in that particular ride...

Susan (in Louisville)