Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] The Bare Facts - indiancp

AMEN!!  had someone who talked me into riding my pony bare foot.  even my blacksmith commented that he didn't need shoes, said his feet were so tough and hard to drive a nail into.  i ride lot's on rocks of all sizes and i watched the feet wear down more and more until i finally said ENOUGH.  put some shoes on that boy. he was never ouchy but no way could he grow enough horn to keep up with our rides.  he wears a shoe almost into in a matter of a few weeks. i worried myself nuts before i found "the" saddle for him as i can't stand to ride one i feel that i'm making uncomfortable  and dogged if i'm going to worry about wearing his feet to the nub.  my other three who are ridden much much less are bare foot cause i don't feel they need shoes and i'm glad because it's cheaper but if they ever appear to they'll be shod, too!  oh..and white line, we've had that in two of the bare foot guys never the shod one.  why is it the bare foot people become so irate when somebody says that what they're saying didn't prove out with another person's horse?  ALL hooves are not the same just as all backs aren't, all diet requirements aren't and so on.

I DO get tired of hearing over and over again how most of our horses
> would be SO much better off if we just persisted without shoes--and
> Heidi

patty in georgia

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader.

.

-----