[RC] Big Horn ...just do it - Beverly Gray

Big Horn again

I was there,

 as a Big Horn enthusiastic rider and,

 unfortunately, as an on-site representative of the Horse Welfare Committee.

 May I extend my deepest sympathies to the horse owners, for an appropriate time passage of their heavy heart

and empty loss of their magnificent companions. I am so sorry.

Please don’t judge the riders, the BH100 management, the trail, the day.

 The Horse Welfare Committee, in co-operation with the very competent BH100 veterinary staff

and the AERC veterinary committee will compile a comprehensive report.

 The ridecamp is not the venue to make any judgments about this situation. Ultimately, the HWC

wishes to utilize the detailed data to help you, the rider and horse owner utilize all our information to ride

 a successful event and enjoy a fulfilling day with your equine companion.

I was there,

 and thank you Steph for your thrilling re-cap of your day. I thank you, and Pal thanks you.

I am so glad he was your endurance elixir for your renewed fire and passion for a sport and companionship that takes my breath away (every time)!!!

The Big Horn 100 is one of the icon trails of our sport.

Yes, it is a challenge and I love a challenge.  Steph was always taking photos certainly documenting the slow pace, the reach of heaven-top scenery, and wildflowers that grow only at 9,000 ft elevations. I live in the mountains. But, there is magic the Big Horn range with  the smell of the mountain sage and pines,

Or listening to the  refreshing mountain steam echoing for miles in the deep somber canyons …….this is truly a gift from above.

This trail is irreplaceable.  It should be on everyone’s’ list of unforgettable lifetime endurance rides and even awarded an AERC Hall of Fame of trails.

This was to be my 5th buckle. But, Zip Code Bey had other ideas….11 hours to the 50 miles was just about enough for him and an unfortunate heel bulb bruise.

 ( I didn’t sign up to ride a golf course! ) Ok, I would do things different for the 2007 Big Horn 100, as I image, so will the management,

 I would definitely ride with Steph again! That was fun.

I thank the Big Horn 100 management for an unforgettable  100 mile trail that is etched in my memory, the beautiful Flitner Ranch and the community

 of Shell, Wyoming

Sign me up for 2007.

Happy Trails

Beverly Gray