Re: [RC] misconceptions on the BH - Cindy Collins

Hi, Truman...I expect AND want the welfare of the horse committee to
investigate.  I just hate to see two people who have never ridden an
endurance ride (not you, Truman, obviously) fanning the fires on ridecamp.
You will notice that the experienced 100 mile riders who were there have
kept their counsel about the tragedies.  I expect them to share all of
their views w/the AERC when the investigations are done.  You have no idea
how upset Tom VG was about those horse deaths.  He almost couldn't talk
about it and had tears almost a week later.  Some of you men can help me
out here, but my experience with him and many others, is that he seems
flip when he can't figure out what to do/say, or is upset, or overwhelmed,
or even angry.  I'd like to see how many of you at 81 years of age would
be out marking trail and hauling portapotties and water tanks and water
all over a very steep mountain for a week and then staying up without
sleep for two nights.  Think you'd make a lot of sense?  AND, before a
bunch of you starts saying, well then, the BH just shouldn't be held any
more...EVERYTIME one of us local says that, yes, it's time to give it up
because we just don't have the people to run it...everyone chimes in and
says how they'll be coming a week before the ride and will help run it,
help mark it, bring extra volunteers, etc.  Guess what, with a very few
rare exceptions, it just doesn't happen.  When this rare, single track,
old fashioned ride disappears, everyone will say how sad it is and how
they would have helped, blah, blah, blah.  Cindy