Re: [RC] [RC] The Bare Facts - Debbie Kirchner

On 7/23/06, Sue Walz <suesblues@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The more miles you ride a barefoot horse the more the hoof  growth is
stimulated.

Increased hoof mechanism = increased circulation = increased growth

The terrain a horse is conditioned on soon becomes tolerable to the bare
hoof

The bare hoof grips rock & pavement better than a shod hoof

Conditioned to rock & pavement damage does not occur

Increased sole callous decreases or eliminates the chance of stone bruises

Thrush & white line disease become less of an issue or non-issue

I will second that... with the barefoot trim, not a pasture trim most people think of, the white line becomes tighter and the coffin bone rises up into the hoof capsule, which brings about natural concavity...

My feeling is, don't put shoes on in the first place... get the horses moving, moving and moving, over ground with gravel in it... I bring in gravel a couple times a year just for this purpose....

Diet, living conditions and a proper trim will do wonders for MOST if not all horses

             Debbie in SE MN

         The Eagle shows the way....