Re: [RC] Big Horn 100 - II//Unsuccessful Attempts--To Try Is To Succeed - DVeritas

In a message dated 7/23/2006 10:43:33 AM Mountain Standard Time, sensei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I prefer "DNF" (did not finish) to "unsuccessful."
Since winning as defined by the AERC motto isn't always synonymous with
success, I propose a corollary to "To Finish Is to Win."
"To Try (Your Best) Is to Succeed."
I've always thought,  'that which truly matters happens between Starting and Finishing...wherever the "finishing" happens to be'.

"To Finish Is To Win" is a good motto, as it seems to define the tenets of the sport as envisioned by the AERC.

That's not to say that it is, in fact, an accurate representation of what endurance riding is to many horse and rider teams who front the trail, whichever length, whatever venue.

Frank