Re: [RC] Underweight horse - Katah1

We've had similiar issues with three of our horses two arab mares and one morgan gelding. With the arabs, we found that the transition to a new farm was a highly emotional one for them (they were a bit older) and that grooming them a bit more than regular (for the contact and attention) was a BIG help for their adjustment. We found for one of the mares and the morgan that more work not less was the answer. They were both used daily as training horses in their previous lives and the conversion to a new farm, with new people, new habits, new horses, different attention levels, and less daily work (no longer used as daily training horses for multiple students), affected them. So, more work not less was their answer and they gained the weight with out a lot of vet bills or diet changes or strategies.

Ciao!

Cathleen S. Adkison
Companion to Luv Song, DK Bay Arabian 11 YO Maiden &
Gentleman Jack, Rockymountain Gelding
While raising, breeding, training and sharing our lovely Icelandics

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message may  contain information which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected  from disclosure.  The information is intended only for the use of the  individual or entity named above.  If you have received this message in  error, please e-mail the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient,  any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.   Please notify sender if you have received this in  error.