Re: [RC] Question about not urinating during a 50. - Karla Watson

I found that taking them over to stand in brush or small scrub brush or tall weeds can make them go. Or where another horse has gone helps too.
----------Karla Watson/Oregon
I have a mare who has done six 50-milers.  This mare
will not urinate under saddle, period.  It is fine if
one of the vet checks is back at camp because she can
be put back in her corral and she will urinate there.
It is very unnerving for me when there is no vet check
back at camp and thus, nowhere for her to urinate for
50 miles.  Two of these 50's were multi-day.  Any
suggestions/tips on how I should approach this?  This
mare also has a tendency to gulp water and has had
mild water-belly symptoms at 2 different rides.