[RC] Olympic Oath - Marinera

This subject has been beaten to death and I am not expressing an opinion. Nevertheless, I was interested in reading in the January 23rd issue of Newsweek Magazine the saga of the somewhat controversial talented American skier, Bode Miller and the upcoming contests at Torino. He cites the   Olympic oath —"The important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle..."  Bode expresses his thoughts more colorfully than I dare, but basically says that the Olympics are about getting the gold medal or you're a loser regardless of the oath.  The parallels between the Olympics' declared objective and the reality, and our comparatively infant "to finish is to win" sport, are interesting.   Julie