[RC] vendors at rides - CTH

It is great when rides don't charge for vendors to sell at a ride but as a vendor I feel that it is important to support the rides with sponsorship.
I donate a high end prize like a rump rug embroidered  or pommel bag embroidered.
I pay my own camping fees or costs if there are any.
Of course vendors are doing it for the money. It is our livelyhood. If I did not make money hauling a trailer full of stuff to a ride I soon could not afford to go.
If I don't haul a horse to the ride and enter I volunteer at the ride. No need to work a booth when everyone is on the trail.
Any fee paid to set up can be written off as an expense as long as receipt is given. Quite often donated awards cannot be written off because a receipt is not sent.
There is great expense in putting on rides. It is unfair to management to attend , selling goods for profit and not pay or donate something.
Photographers should make some pics available for advertising and promoting the ride.

Just my 2 cents worth
1-866-987-4816