Re: [RC] Diabetes and the 50/100 mile rider - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 1/18/2006 10:23:34 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, Sunnyland@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The discussions about pushing physical and mental limits on longer rides has me wondering about the diabetic riders out there.  Specifically, whether anyone with either insulin or pill-controlled diabetes would share their competition strategies to maintain glucose levels, energy and stamina.   Email privately if you like.   Kathleen

Please mail to the list. I have a friend who has uncontrolled diabetes so he has given up trying. I think that he could do milk shakes with the proper ingredients to maintain sugar levels. Is this correct or am I too naive? Beccy