Re: [RC] Diabetes and the 50/100 mile rider - Skippykemerer1

I am on oral meds.  I keep GU and a couple of pieces of hard candy with me in case  of low blood sugar attacks.  Generally know when they are coming on w/o my gulcometer.  Make it a point to eat something at every vet check and drink flavored h2o whether I want it or not.  Sometimes I irritate my pit crew cause I'm fussing over the horse and they think I'm in trouble but the goal is to ride on any way u can.  Do remember my second ride where I was low blood sugar and Pat went out 15 mins ahead of me she came back in an hour later and  wanted to know where I passed her.  I hadn't I hadn't gone out yet was so confused I kept going form horse to saddle forgetting what I was supposed to do next so I lost a whole hour.

Skip & Ice Joy