RE: [RC] Weight & BC - Bob Morris

Eric:

The current form of AERC Rules and regulations were
compounded by endurance riders for endurance eiders. They
are not perfect, but then no set of rules are perfect. These
rules were defined to make known the parameters under which
reasonably fair competition could be held through out the
United States and Canada. While and attempt was made for the
rules and regulations to be comprehensive, it was deemed
impossible to encompass each and every "what if'" instance
that could be put forth.

Basically, the thought was, here is a set of rules that are
simple, cover most aspects of the sport and yet, are not
onerous.

Since the promulgation of the current rules, we have had
criticism that the rules were not professional, i.e., not
written by the legal profession, therefore they had many
faults.

If the membership wishes to have all loopholes and
contingencies covered, I would suggest that there be a
groundswell urging by the members to have these simple rules
reconstituted by a team of legal advisors. However, I can
assure you that the final result will be much greater than
the current pocket sized 32 page pamphlet in current usage.
And realize, fewer than half of the current rule booklet
applies the competitors. The rest are administrative rules.

I hope this explains why each and every instance is not in
our simple rule book. I would be pleased to discuss this
further if you wish.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID