Re: [RC] Weight & BC - Eric Rueter

But Bob, it is "murky" at least to me, else I would not have asked the question. If you refer to other sections of the rules, the to words "finish" and "finish line" show up in several places and do not refer to "completion". For example, in 6.2.1.1 it in part reads "All equines must stand a mandatory post-ride evaluation within one hour of finish. ...". That (at least to this uneducated Appalachian hillbilly) implies that "finish" is the passing of the finish line, and not the passing of the post-ride vet evaluation (completion). I was hoping that there might be some "refinement" to the rules, other than in the SE we do this, and in the NW we do this...I agree that Rules should be Rules and the should be interpreted t he same regardless of who and or where they are being used.
One of the best "quotes/sayings" I have seen is (and I am probably not quoting it exactly and therefore not communicating correctly) "The art of communication, is not being understood, it is making it so you cannot be mis-understood" -- a big difference.

Bob Morris writes:

MB
Nothing murky about it in the slightest. Our rule states:
9.3 Under the AERC system, all of the first ten finishing
equines are eligible

for consideration, whether ridden by Junior, Featherweight,

Lightweight, Middleweight or Heavyweight riders.

"Most of the rides I go to weigh the first 12 in case
someone does not get a completion. Then the next person can
show for BC because they are then top ten."
That is the correct way to do it.
Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises