[RC] Your 100 mile story - Julie Fuller

Your story is wonderful! As I read it, I was thinking "There needs to be a special place in the archives for stories like this" Inspiring stories are especially nice when the weather is horriffic (34, windy and POURING here today) or when, like me, finances have seriously curtailed my ability to get out and ride much, let alone actually do a ride.

Your story also served to remind me of my own start in endurance riding.... back when my kids were small, I had a QH and a big western saddle. I too got up in the wee hours for those precious training miles, left the kids with a sitter twice a week for a few more hours of riding (and got a lot of flak from my sitter.... she thought it was HORRIBLE that I'd leave my kids with her an extra four hours a week so I could RIDE) And at that time, there was only one ride a year I could do, since it was local and I could beg a trailer ride for my horse, and still afford the entry.

The past few years, I've only done two rides. My horses are out of shape and barefoot, but I know this is only temporary. I WILL be out on the trails again, enjoying every minute of conditioning rides, and being thoroughly thrilled to be at rides again, visiting with friends I've made, gawking at gorgeous horses, and hitting the trails with a huge smile on my face.

Thank you so much. I needed this today!

Julie