[RC] BH 100 mentor - Laura Hayes

Annie wrote: >>I would hope that anyone gojing to BH this time that is willing to "sponsor'  say so now<<

Ok, I will bite.  First, let me add that I LOVE to ride alone.  I did the whole 100 at BH by my self last year, just as I did a 75, several 50s and one of the other 100s I did.  My mare likes it too.

BUT, because I am not a ride manager putting on a 100 under the current decline in entries, and because I have not come up with a plan that would get more people out there without what I consider 'lowering the standards' of the challenge, I will try to do my part to encourage others to do 100s so that we can keep these rides alive.

I have already offered to mentor anyone through Maggie's Wolverine 100 in Michigan in late summer, but if there is someone who would want to do the Big Horn, and needs some encouragement and a mentor, I will step up.  I consider the BH to be the ulitmate ride- beautiful, challenging, and above all, Frank's "MYSTICAL".  I would be there if I had to walk from NY.  My email and phone number are in EN every month.  I will drive Interstate 90 all the way there, if you need a ride.

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY
AERC# 2741