RE: [RC] Who says it's Humid? - Paul Sidio

Here in the Missouri Ozarks the past few days it has  been the heat and the humidity. Our thermometers have bumped into triple digits for a couple of days now. Things have gotten so bad that my neighbor had  an episode of delerium last night.  He called me at 7:30 pm and said " Hey it's getting nice out. Let's go riding."

I took a look at the current temp and replied " Junior, It is still  95 degrees out there ."  He then said, "Yep. It's sure enough cooling off. Let's go."

A few minutes later my wife asked who had called. I told her that our neighbor was delerious and crazy. He was headed out for a ride in the State conservation forest we border. I told her I was terribly worried about him. Only a complete maniac would want to go riding in this kind of heat and humidity. Plus it was so close to dark, that any ride would end up finishing in thick tree cover with no moonlight what so ever. It sticky hot, no breeze at all... What kind of idiot would even think such a thing?

She asked me why I was changing my clothes and had my riding shoes out?  I replied " Heck I can't let him go out there alone, can  I?"

Paul N. Sidio
Spokane MO