[RC] Barbaro - RafterH

My opinion, for what its worth, is if these people loved and cared for this horse, they would put him out of his misery.
I have never advocated trying to save an animal just because I loved it.
You have to weigh the pain they go through for recovery as well as quality of life and changes of normal lifestyle.
For Barbaro, I just dont think it is worth it.
Since TB's only allow natural service, I doubt if he could ever breed mares given his injuries and illness.
I dont understand putting him through this for the sake of standing at stud, and I certainly dont understand it when there is no monetary gain or super foals expected from standing at stud.
Patti