Re: [RC] Horse Management in Excessive Heat - Vallonelee

HA !  Here in Yuma, AZ we have been hitting 116+, with nighttime temps in the 90s.   The horses spend the mid day under the shades but other then that I don't notice them doing too much different. I usually add some electrolytes to their beet pulp mixture when it is this hot.  I don't notice them taking in any more mineral salt then they normally do.  I do go out periodically and hose them off with cool water 1-2 times a day.  They do seem to appreciate the cool baths, but then they promptly drop and roll in the sand.

Lee