[RC] Tevis Bound - mark@xxxxxxxxxx

Well, I waited to say this, so as not to jinx myself, but I am going to ride Tevis this year after all.

The original plan was to take both mares and pal Libby and her mare (see an estrogen fueled theme here?) and do Big Horn, then head west.  As fate would have it, both my mares are laid up - Equal Terms with a thickened deep digital flexor in the hind, which really should be ok by now, but not worthy of a 6000 mile trip, and Bey Allure with a suspensory injury from falling in a culvert just before the first vet check on the third day of LBL....she is laid up for the summer, and my young mare won't be ready until fall.  Lib and Fly are also a little dicey, so I decided to fly out and crew for Kim Fuess...that is until Kim called and told me she knew of a horse to ride!  (Did I tell you how much I adore Kim?).

Sooo, I have a horse!  And a good one at that.  I will be riding Nessous, while Crockett rides Gunplay.  Look for us!! I can't think of a more fun situation than riding a good horse for a hundred miles with such a good riding partner!  I will certainly have a good story to tell no matter what happens!

I thought the summer was really going to stink, and have been training for a triathlon when all I wanted to do was ride endurance...but this should be fun!

Keep riding-

Laura Hayes