[RC] Incident at Gold Country Ride - Jim Holbrook

We had a very tragic incident occur at the Gold Country Ride this year.  One of our riders, Pam Briles, passed away while riding the ride.  She was 58 years old and lived in Vacaville, Ca.  She was found on the trail, 29 miles into the ride, by two physicians (one an emergency room doctor), who were riding a few miles behind her.  She was pronounced dead at the scene.  No one saw what happened.  In respect to her family and friends, we would appreciate not turning this incident into a topic of "ridecamp gossip".  We would rather hope that this could serve as a reminder to all of us to appreciate and treasure the beautiful trails we are allowed to ride on and the incredible horses who carry us, without hesitation, without question.  Because, as we have seen, it could be our last day, our last ride.  Please keep Pam, her family, and her friends in our thoughts and prayers.

Cherryl Holbrook
Ride Manager