[RC] Update on Tidioute Ride (NE) - RISTREE

There is nothing more fun than being a first time Ride Manager, so I headed down to catch up with Diana Riddle today to offer a little moral support and advice.

For those of you heading to Tidioute, or planning to head down, or trying to reach her, don't bother calling Diana's cell phone.  There is zero cell signal at camp and she can't get calls in or out (and has no voice mail despite the message you get when you call her number).

To reach ride management, call Marcy, the Ride Secretary, at 724-748-3970, or email her at info@xxxxxxxxx   Marcy is heading to camp tomorrow (Thursday) a.m. but will be commuting to and from her home and picking up phone and email messages each evening.

You can also try the Hickory Wilderness Ranch office at 814-730-0499.

Getting to the ride camp is easy from Route 62.  Huge billboard of a sign for the ranch and a bunch of multicolored surveyor ribbons (which we endurance riders pick up like heat-seeking missiles) up to the Ranch.  When you get to the Ranch, drive on PAST the grandstand area to the next driveway on your right, which takes you into the camping area.

Diana is having a great turnout, especially Saturday, and could really use some help from experienced pulse takers and assistance with in-timing.  If you can help out in any of those areas on any of the days, please check in with Marcy at Registration.

The trail is presently being re-routed around some muddy sections of trail, and the bit of trail that I drove on was a shady, canopied hard packed gravel road.  Good for making time.

Good luck to everyone competing!

--Patti Stedman