Re: [RC] Microchip "falling out" - Sisu West Ranch

As I understand from a vet friend, dogs are chipped under the skin.  If not carefully placed completely beneath the skin, I can see how what you describe could happen.  My friend says that on many dogs you can feel the chip and then easily crush it with pliers.

I believe, subject to correction by someone who has better information, that in equines the chip is placed in that big ligament that holds the horses head up, and thus is harder to crush or remove.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875