[RC] Microchip "falling out" - Karen Lynd

Has anyone had a microchip come out of one of their animals?  I have all of my dogs and my horse microchipped.  We adopted a stray recently and had her microchipped.  A few weeks to a month after she was microchipped, I was petting her and felt what I thought was a tick between her shoulders.  When I looked closely, I found that the microchip was about 1/2 way emerged from her skin.  I tugged gently and it came out.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Do you have your microchipped animals scanned periodically to make sure the chip is still in place?

Karen Lynd

Do you Yahoo!?