Re: [RC] Big Horn 100 Trail Update - Cindy Collins

Dear Ridecampers:  Just to clarify...I am not ride management of the BH,
just a huge fan of the trail and someone who has spent over 20 years
loving it.  The change from Hudson Falls (1st vet check) to Hunt Mt Rd. is
relatively minor.  The ride has interchanged the trail back and forth
between using Cedar Canyon and using the Dugway Road throughout all the
ride's history.  For those of you who have maps from me, I show both
routes on those maps.  The Dugway Road is a hair longer, but much easier.
I personally like Cedar Canyon, but I'm a very twisted person :)  Losing
Adelaide is very sad to me, personally, but I'm sure many of you are way
too familiar with losing trails.  The worst part is losing such a
spectacular section of trail.  The new route will likely be a bit easier,
though there are a few miles of hard road involved and I always hate
those.  Many of you rode the ride this way in past years when downed
timber prevented us from using Adelaide for a year or two.  The ride is
running clockwise, Shell to Hudson Falls to Horse Creek to Antelope Butte,
to Jack Creek and home to Shell.  I'm not riding this year and am only
marking the one section of about 9-10 miles, from Hudson Falls to Hunt Mt.
Rd.  Best of luck to everyone and keep supporting this ride.  It's one of
the most special rides in the world.  Cindy